Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Listening To The Voice of Love: The Good Times Are Here!


It is so important for us to listen to the voice of love. This is the voice we search for and this is the voice we can speak to our selves. A 20, 30 or 60 minute session of YLF is a dedicated time to speak the voice of love to ourselves, to listen to this voice and to imprint what it has to say into our cell-level memories so we can operate from a fuller, more energized foundation.

“How do you know?” A voice asks me. “How do you know we can imprint things on our cell level memories? How do you even know a cell has a memory? What are you talking about, Karen,” the rational voice of reason asks me? That is a good, valuable voice. Among other things, it taught me that looking both ways before I cross the street is a life-saver. It is also the voice that came up with the phrases “paradigm shift”, “quantum leap” and “I have a dream” when it couldn’t quite explain logically how something can come to be.

As long as we are alive, there will be challenges and negativity to deal with. We are seeing that this comes with living. The point is this: where do we put our focus? We are in a magical time on the planet.

While I was at the Conference of Heartfelt Service last week, I got to listen to some amazing excerpts from Martin Luther King, Jr. The outstanding thing for me is that the night before he passed, he told us that he had “been to the mountaintop”. He said that good times were coming and, “I may not get there with you,” but that they were coming and we would get there.

I realized he was talking about now. The good times are now. We are here, now. Do you think any of his followers had an inkling that 40+ years after the “I Have a Dream” speech a man of color would be the president of the United States of America? No. If I were a betting woman, I would bet $1000 that not a single person who listened to that speech that night sensed what profoundly good times were coming in this country, except for MLK Jr, who had seen it, in a dream of premonition.

Notice how the good times come, however. With our new strength-of-heart as a country, we have been served great, great challenges. Economic, environmental, medical, you know them already. That is how it goes with each person’s spiritual growth, too. Often, with the more blessings we are given, the more spiritual strength is required of us to sustain those blessings. Said another way, to those whom much is given, much is expected.

What Yoga of Love & Forgiveness offers to you is a way to tap into the beautiful loving Voice that breathes our world and sings our birds and blesses our hearts with forgiveness. Focus that Voice into a singular place: you, in order to sustain you as you go out and do good in this world.
By the way, I’m not a real big “do-gooder”. I am simple. I look into the eyes of the person who stands before me-- beggar or baron-- and I see the God in them. I just love them. Maybe it’s at the grocery store and I say to the short lady who is reaching, “Can I hand you that carton of eggs?” It equals, “I love you.” Some part of her knows and gets that loving. It’s pretty simple.

With our new president in high office, there’s a lot of clamoring about volunteerism and serving causes. Now hang on. Let’s take a moment. Relax and take in a breath. Before we jump on another bandwagon, missing entirely the fact that we are in MLK’s good times now, let’s take a moment to be in the good times. That is how we can expand them Pay attention to them.

Here is how we do it with YLF:

Lean your head to the right. Lean your head to the left. Move around until you feel a tight place in your neck or shoulders. Focus your attention there. Ask yourself, “Are we holding onto something that we can let go of?” Listen unconditionally to yourself. What do you answer? Let it be.

When you get your answer, or even if there is no answer, you can bring-in forgiveness. For example, “I forgive myself for judging myself as needing to be afraid of life. I forgive myself for judging that I should be doing things better. I forgive myself for forgetting that I AM Loved exactly how I am, right now.”

You can also say, “I forgive myself for judging that I should be able to get a message from my body,” if you’re not hearing anything.

Now that you have released through giving yourself unconditioned attention and self- forgiveness, you must put in what you do want, instead. Focus on the same area, put your hand there if you wish, and breathe in your positive intention for yourself. Imagine your positive intention going into your cells!

Mine is: “I am good.” I want myself to have this understanding. I want the voice of love to remind me that I am good. What is your positive intention for yourself? Tell yourself like a parent tells their child, with love and certainty. This is the truth of who you are.

Now, notice how your neck feels better! Rational voice, this is your proof!

The good times are here and now. You see? As we listen to the Voice of Love we are given great gifts. The question is where do we focus our attention? We can heal the economy, we can heal our compromised integrity in medicine, insurance, and government and we can strengthen our shift as a country by Getting Real and healing ourselves first with love and forgiveness.

Listening to the Voice of Love and Sharing It with You,
Karen
XO

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear Karen,
    Thanks so much for this post. The work you are doing sounds amazing! I just tried the neck exercise and I think there would be great value for me in working this way with my own health challenges. I'm inspired. Wish I lived nearer so I could come to your class!

    ReplyDelete