Thursday, June 11, 2009

Seven Steps to Embodying Forgiveness

I often get asked about how the process of Forgiveness works in my Yoga of Love & Forgiveness classes. Here are 7 simple steps to replenish your powerful Self!

1. Ask for a blessing of Light to fill, surround and protect you.

2. Identify your positive intention for yourself. This is a positive quality that you want to be experiencing more of in life, such as: Self-acceptance, Self- Trust, Loving, Forgiveness, Healthy Success, etc.

3. Ask the area that is tight, “Is there anything we are holding onto here that no longer serves us?” That “no longer serves us” part means it’s an old pattern that could be blocking your greater success or what you want more of – like more joy, more self-acceptance, more of a toned, flexible body, or more wealth and riches -whatever.

4. Unconditionally allow your body to communicate its truth to you. Whatever it says or doesn’t say to you is just fine. You are there to accept and receive, just like a loving friend. Trust the body. In its area, it is VERY wise.


5. When you begin getting information, it may surprise you what is there to be released. Stuff from yesterday, 5 minutes ago, or your childhood. Just let it be. It takes STRENGTH not to be reactive and shut back down. Just stay open and observe. If your body area says something like, “I have to hold on tight because that’s how we keep it together in life,” you say, “I forgive myself for judging I have to hold on tight to keep it together.”


6. Your body may play an image back to you of something that happened that you locked-down on. Besides forgiving what ever happened, you forgive yourself for judging yourself and for judging the others involved.. For example, I forgive my sister for beating up on me. I forgive myself for judging my sister as a bad person and a bully. I forgive myself for judging myself as a weakling.


7. Ask that it all be lifted up into the Light and cleared out of your body, and put in your new pattern. Ask that your Intention for ---______ be placed in that area instead. Breathe it in. SMILE! You did good!

No comments:

Post a Comment